The 14th of August holds immense significance for Pakistanis worldwide, commemorating the day Pakistan was conceived and the day when the Father of Our Nation, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, declared an independent Muslim State. Today, we celebrate the 76th anniversary of freedom from British rule.
During the handover of power to the newly sovereign Pakistan, Jinnah delivered a speech expressing hope that the country, envisaged as a parliamentary democracy by its first prime minister, Liaquat Ali Khan, would be characterized by “no discrimination, no distinction between one community and another, no discrimination between one caste or creed and another.”
“We are all citizens and equal citizens of one state,” he asserted.
Furthermore, he emphasized, “People may belong to any religion, caste, or creed – that has nothing to do with the affairs of the state,” as he addressed the Constituent Assembly of Pakistan in August 1947.
The Miss Pakistan winners from all corners of the globe ensured they celebrated this special day in their unique ways. Here are photos of some of the winners:
- Anniqa Jamal Iqbal – Miss Pakistan World 2022
- Shafina Shah – Miss Pakistan World 2023
- Beenish George – Miss Pakistan Universe 2023
- Dr. Kapotaqkhy Chanchala – Miss Pakistan Universal 2023
- Warda Muneeb Rao – Miss Pakistan Global 2023
- Sabeen Baledina – Miss Pakistan Supreme 2023